Burst Pipe Repair
Quick access to expert repairs.
Burst Pipe Repair
WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT A BURST PIPE?
Maybe it was pipe failure due to age, misuse, damage or even frozen- whatever it was, the water is here and it’s all over the place. It can be dramatic and it can destroy your property and keep you locked out for days, maybe weeks. Here are a few tips to help prevent a burst pipe:
- Insulate all pipes that are exposed to air
- Install covers on all hose bibbs
- Replace all sections of rusted pipes
- Properly secure all loose piping
KNOW WHERE YOUR STOP COCK IS ON YOUR PROPERTY
Two tell-tale signs you may have a burst pipe can be damp patches on walls, ceilings, and floors or a loss of water pressure. It’s important to know where your shut-off valves are. The shut-off valve may look like a small lever or a faucet handle: you will have a main shut-off valve on your incoming water line and shut-off valves on each fixture. It is the off switch for your water system. If you suspect a burst pipe, close the stopcock fully and open the taps in your home to flush the water from the system.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE A BURST PIPE?
Time can seem to really speed up when you see water dripping all over your property. If you’ve got a burst pipe, you need to act fast to minimize the damage. Stay calm, breathe… and follow these steps:
- Collect water from the leak
- If your ceiling is bulging, pierce it with a broom handle to let the water through
- Switch off your heating
- Turn off the shut-off valves
- Turn on all of your faucets to drain your water system
- Don’t touch any wiring or switches
- Turn off your electricity at the mains.
- Call (912) 330-4773
If you’re In Savannah, GA and you’re suffering the agony of a burst water pipe, suffer no more. Pick up the phone and call (912) 330-4773 today. One of our courteous and licensed technicians will make sure the problem is solved quickly and affordable.
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Improve water quality
Keep your family healthy